“The Hand that Gives Gathers”
NicozDiamond Insurance – the Hand that Gives
NicozDiamond Insurance’s (NDI) commitment to sustainability and corporate citizenship is reflected not only through its innovative products and services but also in its philanthropic approach.
NDI is committed to being a responsible and contributing corporate citizen. NDI’s strategy for community investment is therefore designed to enhance the relationships between the company and the communities in which we operate and be an added platform to communicate the brand values and vision to key stakeholders. Our social responsibility activities focus on establishing social infrastructure and contributing to the upliftment of communities through education, technology, hygiene, food and comfort with the aim of creating sustainability.
NicozDiamond also realises the value of involving employees in the CSR activities of the organisation. As such NicozDiamond will constantly endeavour to implement programmes that involve employee participation whilst also achieving the corporate objectives.
In June 2011, NicozDiamond held its annual charity winter ball to raise funds for the company’s corporate social responsibility activities. Through the support of business partners and NDI staff, the company managed to raise funds above the targeted figure of $20,000.
The 2011 CSR activities have been successfully rolled out and the programme is stretching to end of November to cover all the provinces.
- Entembeni Old People’s Home (Bulawayo) – received sliding gate, kitchen tables and chairs, mattresses, groceries, toiletries, buckets, cups and old clothes and linen.
- Midlands Children’s Home (Gweru) – was blessed with blankets, groceries, toiletries, buckets and cups.
- Mucheke Old People’s Home (Masvingo) – received blankets, groceries, toiletries, detergents, buckets, kitchen tables and chairs, linen and towels.
- Fairfield Old Children’s Home (Mutare) – received groceries, toiletries and stationery.
- Mashambanzou Care Centre (Harare) – received blankets, groceries and toiletries.
- Emerald School of the Deaf (Harare) – received computers, printers and desks for use by the primary school section.
- Bumhudzo Old People’s Home (Chitungwiza) – received groceries, a 4 plate stove, computer, printer, blankets & linen.
- Africa University (Mutare) – NDI paid school fees for a bright student who cannot afford fees.
NDI wants to be a comprehensive powerhouse of good corporate citizenship and will continue to explore other avenues to make this world a better world for all.